In many Asian countries, the New Year is based on the lunar calendar and is dictated by the first new moon and ends on the full moon. In the case of the Chinese calendar, each New Year is marked by the characteristics of one of the 12 zodiacal animals: the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig.
Looking ahead on the coming year, we have a 4 notable areas to single out.
- Focus, Growth and Key Partnerships
- Key Wi-Fi Trends in 2015
- Products & Innovations
- Connecting with Customers
1) Focus, Growth and Key Partnerships
All indications are that 2015 will be a banner year in the Wi-Fi industry as well as for AirTight partners and customers!
In the closing weeks of 2014 AirTight added two key executives to the company:
- Rick Wilmer as Chief Operating Officer
- Mike Anthofer as Chief Financial Officer
In an interview with CRN, Rick shares his thoughts on why he joined AirTight.
“The caliber of their engineering and technology talent is impressive. I believe this team has the potential to do something remarkable in the enterprise Wi-Fi space.”
Source: AirTight Networks Adds Top Exec Talent In Bid To Make Wi-Fi More Social. Via CRN News, December 2014
More information via AirTight Newsroom: AirTight Networks Positioned for Next Phase of Growth in 2015: New COO & CFO, Channel Expansion, Continuous Product Innovation.
If you missed the Retail Next webinar on connected stores (featuring Greg Buzek – IHL, Kevin McCauley -AirTight, and Greg Griffiths – Earthlink) you can see a replay at rtou.ch/store-networks.
IHL Group, retail research firm, AirTight Networks and EarthLink recently partnered to conduct one of the first-ever studies that provides insights into the retail industry’s plans for store networking, WiFi, security and engagement.
Interested in the full results? Register here to get the final IHL study. -
- Super-Size: Deployments as large as hundreds, thousands and up to a million APs.
- Super-Charge: ISP, MSO, MSP business model enablement, increased spectrum of engagement applications, CRM integration and big data set analytics.
- Scalability Behind the Edge: Importance of backend systems to support Super-size and Super-charged.
- Right Offer, Right Time, Right Place: Integration of multiple platforms such as Wi-Fi, iBeacon and other innovations.
- Opinions and Requirements: Concerns around monetization, intrusiveness and privacy are hot topics in 2015
Executive Viewpoint 2015 Prediction: AirTight Networks - Internet of Things Will Drive Digital Transformation in Businesses | by Hemant Chaskar via Virtual Strategy Magazine, January 2nd 2015
3) Products and Innovations
Many product, service and application innovations are being introduced with many more planned for 2015. Three such innovations include:
For NRF 2015, AirTight Networks announced updates to its Wi-Fi solution for retail, including Nano, its mobile cloud management application, now available with custom skins for key MSPs, and an in-browser messaging feature.
"The Nano application will be a key element of EarthLink Secure WiFiTM as it provides configuration simplicity and speed, but maintains IT control and oversight," said Mike Frane, Director of Product Management at EarthLink.
"Store-level personnel or our remote technicians can get WiFi up and running in minutes with enterprise-class features. This reduces our investment in level 1 support and greatly reduces truck rolls, allowing us to focus on valuable customer interactions."
Nano simplifies Wi-Fi configurations and compliance reporting by exposing several key features of a cloud Wi-Fi management console via a mobile web app. The configurations done through Nano are synchronized with the enterprise cloud management console, so that retailers and their MSPs can layer additional cloud services on top of basic configurations done through Nano. They also retain full visibility into brand-wide Wi-Fi analytics and engagement metrics. Source: AirTight Unveils Wi-Fi Config Tool for Retail via Channel Vision Magazine.
Read the announcement on AirTight’s web site: AirTight Networks Enhances Multi-Unit Retail Wi-Fi Offering for NRF 2015
The in-browser messaging feature allows insertion of messages in a user’s web session. This provides continuous channel for engagement as the user browses the web over guest Wi-Fi. Retailers and restaurants can now promote flash sales, store specials or the venue’s loyalty program. Retailers can also place third-party ads and align them with in-store promotions, such as premium end-cap placements. The feature also provides detailed analytics on click tracking.
Hemant Chaskar discusses some of the considerations of in-browser messaging in "2015: The Year of Experience and Scale".
WizShark: A picture is worth a thousand framesTM.
In February, Robert Ferruolo gave a Ten Talk on WizShark.net at the WLAN Professionals Conference in Dallas. You can view the SlideShare summary and / or view the video. A more in-depth video presentation of WizShark is also available here.
— Keith R. Parsons (@KeithRParsons) December 5, 2014
4) Connecting with Customers
Customer engagement and store efficiencies are top of mind for retailers, hospitality and leisure operators attending Industry events like NRF, RBTE and MURTEC. AirTight has a strong presence at these events where you can easily request a meeting or private demo.
In this 30 minute webinar we will work through what to consider when deciding to engage in an iBeacon deployment.
Register for iBeacon Reality Check: Essential Considerations for an iBeacon Deployment Mar 10, 2015 8:00 AM PDT
The session will cover the following topics:
- What is iBeacon?
- iBeacon Reality Check
- Components to Build an iBeacon Solution
- iBeacon Challenges
We're off to a roaring start and all indications are that 2015 will be a banner year in the Wi-Fi industry as well as for AirTight partners and customers!
- Retail Next webinar on connected stores (featuring Greg Buzek – IHL, Kevin McCauley -AirTight, and Greg Griffiths – Earthlink) you can see a replay at rtou.ch/store-networks.
- IHL Group Store Infrastructure Survey, 2015 Preliminary Results -> infographic from AirTight Networks. Register to get the complete IHL study
- Register to download the free ebook: “A Guide for Wireless Customer Engagement and Security”
- Read part I: AirTight reflects on the Year of the Horse and 2014
Wireless LAN Professionals Conference - February 2015
- Staying on Top of Security, Spectrum Rules and Network Operation in WIPS Deployments by Hemant Chaskar (10 minutes)
- Tales from the Trenches: Wi-Fi Troubleshooting in Distributed Environments by Hemant Chaskar (10 minutes)
- Using WizShark to help in your Wi-Fi Troubleshooting by Robert Ferruolo (10 minutes)
- Best Practices for Comprehensive WLAN Performance Testing by Robert Ferruolo (10 minutes)
- Wireless Security: Fun Hacks for You to Learn and Experience| by Rick Farina @Zero_ChaosX (Keynote: 45 minutes)
- Pwnie Express PwnPhone and Wi-Fi Penetration Testing | by Rick Farina @Zero_ChaosX (Keynote: 45 minutes)